Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas
Due to the harsh corrosion environments within the oil and gas industry, there is a high demand for FRP composite products. Our engineering team provide expert insight into the design and inspection of new and existing composite plant structures. DSA’s involvement produces cost-efficient solutions without compromising on safety. Specially designed systems can combat corrosive fluids, pressures, temperatures, flames, adverse soil and weather conditions.
Due to the high cost of steels and other exotic metals, composites are becoming the prefered option across the oil & gas industry. FRP, GRP and GRE also boast lower prices in manufacturing, installation and lead to lower life cycle costs. It is essential to perform inspections and maintenance to prevent the deterioration of equipment. Early notice of issues prevents costly shutdowns. Our engineers perform condition assessment with the option of both destructive and non-destructive testing available.
DSA is involved in the design and inspection of a range of FRP assets and applications within the industry, including:
- Composite repair of steel pipelines
- Pipe stress analysis of offshore platform piping systems
- Potable and utility water pipelines to replace MIC affected stainless steel lines
- Carbon capture FRP ducting & associated equipment
- Firewater response systems
- Onshore processing structures
- Offshore processing structures
- Seawater Cooling
- Process piping